Apr 10, 2013

(111-108) Stephen Strenio's Five Star Netflix Movies Countdown


Hello Readers,

I have rated almost 800 movies and TV shows on Netflix, and I ranked 125 of the movies as five stars. I then went through, sorted those movies out into seven tiers, and then ranked all the movies. These are only the movies that I've seen and ranked on Netflix. There may be movies I haven't seen, and there may be movies I haven't rated on Netflix. But otherwise, these are the official, undeniable rankings of all movies ever. Enjoy my brief reviews!

Today is the sixth-best group of movies. These movies have definitely earned five-stars from me, but they might not earn them from you.

111. Mission: Impossible
Dun. Dun. Dun-nuh. Dun. Dun. Dun-uh. Dun. Dun. Dun-nuh. Dun. Dun. Dun-uh. DUN-NUH-NUHHHHHH. DUN-NUH-NUHHHH. DUN-NUH-NUHHHH. DUN-NUH. DUN-NUH-NUHHHHH. DUN-NUH-NUHHHHH. DUN-NUH-NUHHHHH. DUN-NUH. Good Job Tom Cruise.

110. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
This is my favorite 80's comedy. I still like Matthew Broderick solely based on this performance, despite my dislike for his roles in basically everything else I've seen him in. This movie has so many wonderful iconic moments, from the lip-synching at the German day parade, to the parking attendant getting air, to Charlie Sheen in the police station (maybe more prophetic than iconic), to Ferris racing to beat his parent's back home while the Chicka-Chickaaaaaa song steals the show. A classic of American blockbuster cinema.

109. Blazing Saddles
Mel Brooks' Western parody. Since that might not get the point across to everyone, this is an offensive and generally hilarious comedy that exaggerates the racist, sexist, and homophobic tropes commonly found in westerns mixed in with fart jokes, meta-humor and Gene Wilder. The climactic fight scene alone is worth five stars.

108. Full Metal Jacket
An intense journey into the heart and soul of the American war machine, Full Metal Jacket lays bare the dehumanizing hatred that is required to form an army or fight a war. Nearly every Stanley Kubrick movie was a masterpiece, and this is no exception. The dialogue is so famous, you'll be able to quote the movie the first time you watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment